Scanning in hundreds or thousands of photos can seem like a daunting task, but with the right amount of preparation, it can be not only easy but even enjoyable!
This video below from Epson does a great job of providing suggestions to help this make a smooth process:
- Don’t stress about this! If you spend a lot of time preparing, it certainly helps, but you will be able to easily use photo organizing software later to organize and sort as well. In other words, don’t let the thought of preparation stop you from moving forward!
- Organize in a way that make sense to you! This may be by event, year, era, or other. Keep in mind that you can always organize later once you have them digitized.
- Sort your groups of photos by size. You may also wish to sort by orientation (portrait vs landscape), but you can always change this later.
- Keep in mind you can scan 30 similar sized photos in each scan.
- We highly recommend Google Photos as an organization tool. If you choose to use this tool, download the Google Photos application to the computer you will use for scanning.